The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Cuivre river near Troy
* until Sunday afternoon.
* At 5:00 PM Friday the stage was 20.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by late this
afternoon and continue to rise to near 23.5 feet by tomorrow
morning. The river will fall below flood stage by tomorrow early
* Impact: at 23.5 feet... near this height, State Highway h near the
West Fork Cuivre River Bridge will be closed due to flooding.
* Impact: at 23.2 feet... gravens Road begins flooding north of
* Impact: at 23.1 feet... water begins covering Frenchman Bluff Road
(county Road 658) just west of the Cuivre River Bridge.
* Impact: at 23.0 feet... considerable agricultural land is flooded
between Troy and Moscow Mills.
* Impact: at 22.0 feet... right bank overflows.
* Impact: at 21.0 feet... flood stage. Left bank overflows. Minor
* Impact: at 18.0 feet... from Highway 61 east to Frenchmans Bluff...
low lying agricultural land is inundated.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 11/28 11/29 11/30 12/01 12/02
Troy 21.0 19.95 23.5 15.2 9.5 8.0 7.4
Lat... Lon 3901 9100 3903 9095 3895 9089 3893 9090