The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Alton ld26
* until further notice.
* At 8:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 25.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast: the river is forecast to fall to near 24 feet by Thursday and then
have a secondary crest near 26.8 feet Saturday night.
* Impact: at 26.5 feet... yachtview drive begins flooding along the entrance to
Harbor Point yacht club within a foot of this height.
* Impact: at 26.0 feet... within a foot of this height, outer Road US 67 between
riverlands way and the Lincoln shields access Road will close due to flooding.
* Impact: at 25.0 feet... Highway 94 and the east end of Harbor Point Road off of
Highway 94 north of West Alton begin flooding within a foot or so of this height.
Also, the access Road to the Lincoln shields area off Highway 67 just west of the
Clark bridge begins flooding.
* Impact: at 24.0 feet... Alta villa Road off of Highway 94 north of West Alton is
closed within a foot of this height.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 07/08 07/09 07/10 07/11 07/12
Alton ld26 21.0 25.62 24.8 24.1 24.6 26.1 26.8
Lat... Lon 3891 9033 3895 9028 3883 9003 3881 9017 3886 9017
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through late Wednesday night...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Illinois and Missouri... including the following
counties... in Illinois... Adams IL... Bond IL... Brown IL...
Calhoun IL... Clinton IL... Fayette IL... Greene IL... Jersey IL...
Macoupin IL... Madison IL... Marion IL... Monroe IL... Montgomery
IL... Pike IL... St. Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri...
Jefferson MO... Lewis MO... Lincoln MO... Marion MO... Pike MO...
Ralls MO... St. Charles MO... St. Louis city MO and St. Louis MO.
* Through late Wednesday night
* several rounds of showers and thunderstorms will bring heavy
rainfall and the potential of flash flooding to the region...
mainly tonight through Wednesday evening. Widespread multi day
rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches are likely... with localized
amounts exceeding 5 inches.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
... Record low maximum temperature set at Columbia Regional Airport...
A record low maximum temperature of 72 degrees was set today at the
Columbia Regional Airport. The previous record was 75 set in 1958.